Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Well I think I really do have a candidate to support...

So I decided that I needed to really learn more about the candidate's actual platforms as much as possible so I can finally decide who I support based on issues alone. I went to the Edwards, Clinton and Obama websites, and I looked at comparative websites. While most of these comparison websites are just based on what the candidates say they will do if they become president, that's all anyone can really go off of. I figure the closer to my own opinions the better, accepting the fact that they would probably all be quite similar in what they do once (I suppose I should say if... but that feels so defeatist! hehe) elected into office.

So the candidate I have decided that I support is.........

Ms. Hillary Clinton

When looking through everything she comes the closest to my points of view on just about every issue. None of the candidates will be far left enough for my taste, but when looking at what she claims she will do to combat international poverty I was finally sold, because there was a clear difference in what she said and what the other two candidates said. She was far clearer on numbers (in terms of what $ amounts she will provide to what kinds of programs), and she said she would relieve all debt for "poor" countries, which none of the others said as far as I can see.

If she doesn't get the nomination I won't be devastated. I think all the candidates are pretty strong this year all things considered. So I guess we'll just see what happens. It's just nice knowing that I actually have reached a decision on who I support. Though I suppose I could be convinced to support someone else if someone had some really good hard facts and not just "hope."

Anyways... Go Hillary! Way to win New Hampshire.

No comments: