Sunday, January 6, 2008

Chicago!

I am currently in Chicago sitting on Leah's couch. Chicago has been nice, though I wish I had come a day or two earlier to get some more time here. I went to a movie with Ian and Brian then out to dinner w/Leah and Will, and then we went to Jon Williams' B-Day party in Hyde Park. I always feel awkward going back to a place that I feel I am done w/, and going back to HP was no different. I felt like I shouldn't be there at first. But in the end, college is very different from high school, so I got used to being back in that area and realized there isn't the same stigma attached to returning to your college as there is w/high school.

Today my flight leaves at 4:50, and then it is back to DC and back to school. I'm not as prepared as I would like for school on Monday, so I will probably try and work on that in the airport and then once I get home as well. Only two weeks left to the semester! I have final essay prompts to write and a final exam to plan! Time is going to be so crammed, whoever thought that a block schedule was a good idea needs to have their head examined, and then removed (ok maybe I have watched too much Sweeney Todd...)

In World History I we are going to be covering early colonialism (in 2 weeks?! *sob*) so I'll probably just give them a final essay on that. And in World History II I have to figure out how to cover major human rights abuses of the Cold War in 2 weeks. Which ones to pick?! I have no idea... they are going to do short presentations for their papers so that will help, but goodness knows I have to do a lot of this if I want it done in a more complete and comprehensible manner. And then there is test review, and apparently MLK day is going to knock out a day... man do we waste a lot of time up in this joint.

Leah is going to California today to see her sister. It was nice that we just kind of fell into old rhythms even though we hadn't seen each other for 6 months. But we do keep in touch reasonably well (thank you internets), so it isn't all that surprising that we could just pick up where we left off. That being said I agree w/Leah that we should be able to teleport, because that would make seeing each other so much easier!!! Come on Star Trek, why haven't you come true yet?

So goodbye Chicago, it was a nice short visit. Hopefully I'll be able to come back again soon, otherwise Chicago people will just have to come down to DC! (See a few monuments... visit a few museums... sleep on my couch... come on you know you want to)

No comments: