Thursday, January 3, 2008

Don't know how to start... wow this is random

Well I'm just going to have to start writing here if that is what I want to do. Today I am going to get new glasses because I currently only have 1 non broken pair. Yesterday one of my pairs lost a nose piece while snowboarding and I couldn't find it (it had been superglued in several times already so it wasn't surprising) and my old pair of sunglasses got run over by a car (poor things).

I am planning to watch the caucuses on the news this evening if possible. I'm not sure who I like, but since I have no say I figure I will just wait and see who other people pick.

  • I think I'm an Edwards fan, although I think this is because he can say things more freely due to the possibility that he won't win the nomination.
  • But I also like Hilary, I think she plays to the middle which is disappointing, but I think that she's a pretty major liberal underneath and she actually talks about Universal Pre-K!!!! Which is the one policy/plan that I hope to see put into practice before I die, if nothing else.
  • I think that Obama is more conservative than he allows, although I guess that's just because he talks to Republicans... something which I believe is overrated. If we have to talk to them to get things done fine (like if they have a majority somewhere) if not... then fuck the bastards
On another note, I'm getting way into scrabulous on facebook. It's bad, and I'm bad at it (really bad if you don't count the help of the computer). But I think I'm getting better.

Break has been good, I've seen the people I needed to see; I went snowboarding a few times; and I have taken a break from children. Unfortunately it has been a bit too big of a break because I have done almost no work whatsoever. Although I did grade all of period 1's work, and now only 16 of them are failing (5 pulled D's out of their asses!). I gave them a major project that if they do well on will possibly raise their grade by 1 full letter. But they have to be awesome. We'll see if any of them do it. Some of them have emailed me about it, so that is a good sign. But one of them already has like a B... so the project wasn't really designed to save her grade.

My plan for this thing is to start writing more about the classroom. What day to day teaching is like, what my students are like, lesson plans, etc. Sort of like a chronicle of my teaching experiences. That way when I look back I can reflect on how things change (or don't).

No comments: