Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A wee bit incensed

I don't mind sharing the technology that we have, so when a group of students come from the other social studies class next door to ask to use the laptops I motion them over to do it.  But if I'm at the front of the room teaching a lesson, and they keep coming in and out, and then come in to interrupt my class to ask me to fix the internet (which they wouldn't even have access to if it weren't for me) I get a little p.o.'d

I'm not just mad at the students.  If that teacher hadn't let them think it was ok to constantly come in and interrupt my classroom then they wouldn't be doing it, but since she doesn't ever actually teach, I don't think she realizes some of us actually do. 

Plus they never actually do anything over there so the idea that they would be using the internet for anything other than surfing for private purposes is absurd.

No comments: