Monday, May 5, 2008

What is this job security you speak of?

So apparently I may be out of a job at this school (though not DCPS since I am guaranteed a job through them). The problem is that our school is moving (due to the destruction of our current building), most of the high schools are being restructured under No Child Left Behind, and now with the creation of the 9th grade academies throughout DCPS we are not supposed to recruit 9th graders (cutting us off from a much needed supply of people). This leaves us filling both the leaving seniors and taking in the same number of 10-12 graders that we would have taken in in 9th graders (if that made any sense). This is unlikely to happen meaning that all the teachers who are doubled up on a subject will go first (due to not having a big enough budget to pay for all of us), and this will probably mean that I will have to go first. Since social studies is not as high up on the importance list as English (due to testing priorities primarily) and there are 2 teachers on Social Studies right now. So basically unless Ms. Scott leaves, I really doubt that I would have a job. So basically I need to secure one somewhere else as far as I am concerned. Lucky for me there is a job fair this Saturday. So back to the old resume! Man I haven't looked at this since last summer... *sigh* needs some updates
help / hide help

No comments: