Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bro!

Mike is in DC w/Sarah. They are sleeping in my living room on a blow up mattress. It has made the living room very crowded, but it will work out great. They're staying for over a week (which is exciting). Today they went down to the National Mall while I'm at work, but I have taken Friday and Monday off in order to spend time w/them and.... THE PUPPY!!!!!

I am getting the puppy on Sunday. His name is going to be Pantalaimon (although I will never call him that, he will go by Pan). Janet and I have thought of some great nicknames for him as well such as 'skillet' (Janet) and 'griddle' (me) or just 'bacon' (that one was Janet's haha)... basically any number of kitchen wares. Also Bethany suggested that I could dress him up as Peter Pan for Halloween :) so the name has many different facets which is awesome. Even better is that I doubt it is a very common name for a dog, so he won't be getting confused w/other puppies at the park tee hee.

For those of you who don't know, Pan is a daemon from the Golden Compass. He was the visible 'soul' of the main character, and primarily took the shape of an ermine. He was one of my favorite characters in the book, and I figured a mini dachshund looks kinda similar to an ermine in some ways (body shape at least).

Mike and Sarah will be coming w/me to get the dog and they're going to help me take care of him while I have to work that first week! Which is awesome. Then I'll be spending a lot of time w/the puppy. I am SO EXCITED it is crazy.

My current desktop:

No comments: