Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Mania!!!

So last night was... in a word: AMAZING.

The rally had approximate 85,000 people at it (by the estimates I have read in the paper) and here's the best part: JOE, JAYNA AND I WERE SITTING BEHIND OBAMA ON THE BLEACHERS!!!  That is like the super special section and was basically filled with volunteers.  We were the first group to go in because they ran out of jobs for us volunteers so they let us sit back there since we did show up to help out.  So basically we didn't do anything (well I did set up some chairs upon initial arrival) and got to watch the whole rally from an amazing vantage point!  (That and we were able to be seen on some of the major TV networks according to Jayna's sisters.)

It was spectacular, just being a part of that energy and happiness and dedication to politics for once!  Getting to participate in Virginia has been a real trip and it is exciting to get to be a part of this whole election.  I definitely will have strong memories of canvassing in Manassas and then culminating in the rally, election day and then *hopefully* the results/party!!!!  What a great opportunity we have, especially here in DC.

I got home by about 1 AM and was able to go right to bed.  I then woke up at 5:30 in order to get in line to vote by 6.  I was a bit sluggish, but got in line by 6:15.  Polls opened at 7, and I was out by 7:25.  Not too bad on the whole.  When I got out though and saw the line?! wow.  The line stretched at least 4 full blocks, multiple people deep.  It was truly insane.  Now I know the early crowd will bunch up and all but this is crazy. 

Tonight I am headed to the DC for Obama party.  I was just checking the website and apparently the event is full (I signed up a long time ago), which means 800 people have RSVP'd.  Crazy!!!!  My plan is to go to the party, and once the election is called (no matter which way) head to the White House.  It is going to be insane!!!!

Fired up!
Ready to go!!!!!!!

No comments: