Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Wire

Classic.

Two of the street-level cops are at the movies with their girlfriends and when they walk out they run into a couple of the street-level drug dealers that they try and arrest every so often. AWKWARD!!! And awesome. I mean what the hell would you do if the cop and the person they have tried to arrest run into each other in a public space? Weird.

The Wire is one of the best shows ever. It is extremely (possibly exceedingly) realistic as far as I can tell. It is super detail oriented and moves forward very slowly and incorporates as many different perspectives as possible. I love how politics plays into the crime-solving. I also like how realistic the solutions are. They don't resort to some crazy technology that doesn't exist.

The show though is almost too realistic because it is hard as shit to follow sometimes. There are a ton of people, a ton of interests, and it can get very confusing if you miss the smallest detail. So there is relatively little multitasking I can do while watching the show, and instead I have to watch it really closely.

No comments: